The Short Duration strategy aims to provide a consistent level of income, with an emphasis on liquidity and principal preservation, through a diversified portfolio of short duration bonds denominated in U.S. dollars.
- Security and sector selection has the potential to pay over time through income
- Liquidity premiums can be exploited
- Interest rate anticipation increases risk (volatility) and must be controlled at all times.
Investment philosophy and style
Our bottom-up, fundamental process is combined with robust, top-down risk management tools designed to meet our objectives of principal preservation, liquidity and consistent excess returns over the long term.
We employ a fundamental investment process to construct a diversified portfolio of high quality fixed income securities that aims to deliver consistent excess returns (income) with low volatility.
- Mandate and policy controls
- Full, multidisciplinary vetting of client policies and objectives
- Multiple levels of review
- Clear accountabilities and cross checks
- High quality focus reduces credit risk