The Strategy has a flexible investment remit, whose nature allows us to express high-conviction views on credit and market opportunities in emerging market sovereign debt, local currency debt and corporate debt across all parts of the credit cycle.
- We can access multiple alpha sources
- We have the ability to potentially exploit inefficiencies in all market conditions
- We have the ability to hold short positions through derivatives
- Our focus is on capital preservation and we gain insight from our fundamental research.
- The strategy has a flexible investment remit, whose nature allows us to express high conviction views on credit and market opportunities in emerging market sovereign debt, local currency debt and corporate debt across all parts of the credit cycle.
- The unconstrained nature of the strategy means we can access multiple alpha sources and have the ability to potentially exploit inefficiencies in all market conditions, with the ability to hold short positions through derivatives
- High conviction views are expressed through a combination of bottom-up fundamental, relative value and directional trades
- Returns come from a variety of sources including opportunities that are overlooked within traditional EM products
- BlueBay believes that taking into account environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors is an important aspect of the investment process. As such, ESG integration – the systematic review of material ESG investment risks – is applied across all our funds. We have been a UN-PRI signatory since 2013
Emerging market debt expertise
- The firm has a strong and proven emerging market debt capability dating back to the firm’s inception.
- We have built a team and a business which today manages in excess of USD$10bn and has established itself as one of the most respected asset managers in this space.
- Our expertise covers the full spectrum of emerging market sub-asset classes – from traditional benchmarked single sector strategies to unconstrained strategies and hedge funds. Our diversified investor base entrusts us with managing assets incorporating standardised as well as customised, client-specific requirements.
- BlueBay has always endeavoured to be at the forefront of development and innovation in the market as the asset class has evolved and has consistently been one of the first movers in new asset classes, whether in local currency debt, corporate debt, or EM alternatives.
- We are an active manager, and our philosophy is rooted in the belief that EM remains an inherently inefficient asset class – there are price discrepancies which can be exploited in meaningful size to generate strong risk adjusted returns.
- Our long track record in multiple products demonstrates an ability and keen willingness to generate returns through superior and meticulous research and strong risk management, with a focus on capital preservation.