The RBC International Small Cap Equity strategy seeks to provide long-term capital growth by investing in a portfolio of small cap securities located throughout the world, excluding the United States. The strategy specializes in owning companies with high and sustainable levels of profitability supported by low capital intensity through in-depth, rigorous company level research conducted by our deeply experienced on the ground investment professionals. An acute focus on risk management underpins effective portfolio construction.
- Long term ownership mindset focused on identifying high and sustainable ROIC businesses
- On the ground deep expertise in each region
- In-depth, rigorous company specific research drives security selection
- ESG considerations firmly embedded into investment process
- Acute focus on risk management and portfolio construction
We have a deeply integrated team and we have worked together for over a decade with our Lead Portfolio Manager, David Lambert, in London.
We have a strong culture of discussion and debate amongst the team which encourages different perspectives when evaluating investment opportunities.
We place a big emphasis on cohesive team culture with one-team mentality anchored in constant interaction.
We spend significant time evaluating company management thanks to an on the ground expertise in each region, with centralized decision making.
We have built a strong research platform delivering in-depth, rigorous stock specific research.
We adopt a long term ownership mindset focused on identifying companies that display high and sustainable ROIC.
Our approach to ESG
- ESG factors are important to risk management
- They can offer excellent investment opportunities
- Active management truly adds value above and beyond the baseline that ESG provides to investors.