Not the time to be idle — Taking action in today’s credit markets
Episode two: Adventures in Multi-Asset Credit – opportunities in a higher interest environment
The webinar featuring Blair Reid, Senior Portfolio Manager, BlueBay Fixed Income Team, took place on May 18th.
- A look at the current conditions in the bond market through the lens of a multi-asset credit manager
- Yields are high by historical standards, but spreads are not cheap
- Multi-asset credit offers flexibility in asset allocation, security selection and hedging
- We are finding the best risk adjusted opportunities in CoCos and EM local currency debt, while leveraged loans are less attractive
- ESG is a complicated topic and challenges remain as views on the topic have evolved
The debt ceiling: history repeating
On this episode of The Navigator, we chat with Brandon Swensen, Senior Portfolio Manager, about the different potential scenarios that may play out as the government tries to avoid a crisis. Particular attention is paid to reviewing similar circumstances from the past with a focus on lessons learned.
Notes from the desk of Polina Kurdyavko
Emerging markets – a high coupon affair or true love?
Polina Kurdyavko hits the road, reflecting on her observations from around the world while tying in fresh investment perspectives related to emerging markets.
- Emerging market debt yields are at a 20-year high, but investor’s interest is at a crossroads
- Focus may evolve into a longer term, more constructive allocation
- Shift in attitude is bolstered by more orthodox monetary policy and geopolitical realities
- Investments are often based on trust and this will continue to develop as emerging market countries improve their institutions
Global Equity investor insight
Monthly update with Jeremy Richardson
To keep pace with fast-changing news from around the world, it helps to have an expert in your corner. Tune in each month as RBC Global Equity Senior Portfolio Manager Jeremy Richardson reviews key global market events in one concise video to help keep you informed.
The weekly fix:
Agreement in Principle
We are pleased to provide a new weekly video series, The Weekly Fix, featuring Andrzej Skiba and members of the US Fixed Income team sharing insights into the events that are top of mind with fixed income investors.
We are pleased to offer additional vehicles for investment in our emerging markets and international equity strategies listed below.
RBC Global Asset Management has expanded its investment capabilities by bringing on talent based around the world, allowing us to build truly global portfolios. Our investment teams are committed to the pursuit of deep fundamental knowledge, collaboration, integrating advanced investment and risk management tools, and embracing innovation.
Source: RBC Global Asset Management Inc.
RBC Global Asset Management brings a breadth of investment capabilities that allow us to create customized client solutions through RBC GAM's specialized investment teams supported by global resources.