The Strategy focuses on the emerging market corporate universe, implementing a non-directional strategy designed to offer appealing returns throughout the credit cycle. By accessing our full tool-kit of instruments, we implement a range of long and short positions, including relative value, event-driven and restructuring/distressed opportunities, with an emphasis on remaining liquid and nimble.
- Research-intensive, fundamentally-driven investment process
- Seek to identify pricing anomalies and market inefficiencies on both the long and short side
- As one of the larger dedicated investors in the space, we believe we are well-positioned to respond to market developments, as well as the technical backdrop, in an effort to generate returns.
- The Strategy looks to capitalise on the sizable dispersion and asymmetry in the EM asset class by implementing long and short positions across sectors and regions, allowing the potential for positive performance throughout the credit cycle
- A range of long and short positions in a combination of strategies, including relative value, event driven and restructuring/distressed opportunities
- Strong focus on liquidity and capital preservation
- Approximately 60 uncorrelated credit positions held in the portfolio at any time (2–5% NAV), generally initiated with a view to hold for 1–12 months
- The BlueBay Fixed Income Team believes that taking into account environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors is an important aspect of the investment process. As such, ESG integration – the systematic review of material ESG investment risks, is applied across all our strategies.
Emerging market debt expertise
- We manage in excess of USD$10bn and have established ourselves as one of the most respected asset managers in this space
- Our expertise covers the full spectrum of emerging market sub-asset classes – from traditional benchmarked single sector strategies to unconstrained strategies and hedge funds. Our diversified investor base entrusts us with managing assets incorporating standardised as well as customised, client specific requirements.
- BlueBay has always endeavoured to be at the forefront of development and innovation in the market as the asset class has evolved and has consistently been one of the first movers in new asset classes, whether in local currency debt, corporate debt or EM alternatives.
- We are an active manager, and our philosophy is rooted in the belief that EM remains an inherently inefficient asset class – there are price discrepancies which can be exploited in meaningful size to generate strong risk-adjusted returns.
- Our long track record in multiple products demonstrates an ability and keen willingness to generate returns through superior and meticulous research, strong risk management and with a focus on capital preservation.