The RBC Emerging Markets ex-China Equity strategy seeks to provide long-term capital growth by investing in a portfolio of securities across the Emerging Markets ex-China Equity universe. The strategy emphasizes quality and long-term growth at a reasonable price, by combining rigorous company-level research with a top-down overlay driven by long-term secular themes. The strategy adopts a long term, high conviction approach.
- Long term approach with a focus on quality and sustainable growth
- Distinctive blend of top-down thematic and fundamental company research
- ESG has always been core to our philosophy and decision making process
- High conviction portfolio of typically 40-60 stocks
- Dynamic and centralized team, dedicated to proprietary research
We strongly feel that our diversity has been critical to our success. The team’s founder and head, Philippe Langham, has consciously hired people with different backgrounds, personalities and ways of thinking from his own.
We have a strong culture of discussion and debate amongst the team which encourages different perspectives when evaluating investment opportunities.
We place a big emphasis on culture within our own team, and pride ourselves on having a highly open and collaborative dynamic. We apply this same criteria when looking at companies.
We spend significant time evaluating company management and engaging with them on areas such as brand, employees and innovation, all of which we believe define corporate culture.
We have built a strong research platform which has four key characteristics: long term, global, emphasis on management, and integrates ESG.
We focus on long term, secular themes as part of our top-down research, and have a detailed, systematic approach from a bottom-up perspective.
Our approach to ESG
- ESG is core to our philosophy and fully embedded in the investment process
- Focus on best-in-class ESG companies and future leaders
- Long-term thematic and ESG research
- Targeting positive change through ongoing engagement and proxy voting