The Emerging Markets Value Equity strategy seeks to provide long term capital growth by investing in a portfolio of emerging markets equity securities with a focus on relative value and dividends. The strategy combines proprietary screening with rigorous company-level research in order to identify value stocks with attractive fundamentals and a catalyst for re-rating. A top-down thematic overlay focuses the portfolio in areas of long-term secular growth.
- Focus on relative value and dividend-paying stocks
- Distinctive blend of top-down thematic and fundamental company research
- Corporate governance screen and catalyst classifications help avoid value traps
- Dynamic, centralized team, dedicated to proprietary and differentiated research
We strongly feel that our diversity has been critical to our success. The team’s founder and head, Philippe Langham, has consciously hired people with different backgrounds, personalities and ways of thinking from his own.
We have a strong culture of discussion and debate amongst the team which encourages different perspectives when evaluating investment opportunities
We place a big emphasis on culture within our own team, and pride ourselves on having a highly open and collaborative dynamic. We apply this same criterion when looking at companies.
We spend significant time evaluating company management and engaging with them on areas such as brand, employees and innovation, all of which we believe define corporate culture.
We have built a strong research platform which has four key characteristics: long term, global, emphasis on management, and integrates ESG.
We focus on long term, secular themes as part of our top-down research, and have a detailed, systematic approach from a bottom-up perspective.
Our approach to ESG
- ESG is fully embedded in the investment process
- An improvement in ESG can be a powerful driver of a stock’s re-rating
- Long-term thematic and ESG research
- Targeting positive change through ongoing engagement and proxy voting